Departure! The countdown is on...

March 10, 2009

Struggling

This entire past week has felt like a struggle. I feel unable to pinpoint any one source but I feel that I am constantly struggling with everything. Yesterday I had a midterm that was fairly difficult and so all last week was spent studying for that and finalizing details for our pancake breakfast fundraiser on Sunday (which I will speak of in a bit). I was so focused on those two things that I fell behind in many other small things that have all added up. I have several novels to read for my classes, an essay to write and a fundraising event coming up this weekend. My to do list seems to be growing exponentially every few minutes and the amount of items that get transferred from one day to the next leaves with a sense somewhat like drowning. Speaking of drowning, I could not focus today until I cleared the sea of debris from my desk that had accumulated from the past week's busyness.
On top of all else I have been hard-core neglecting this blog, which actually saddens me because I was missing but didn't have any idea what to write and wanted to write something meaningful.

Despite all else I have found a great support network with my Beyond Borders class. In planning the fundraiser I feel I have come to know many of the other students a lot better and I guess I really just realized how much we're all in this together. I have found that the other students are so supportive and have a way of just popping up and saying the nicest things to absolutely make my day when its 9 in the morning and its already not going well. Offering a hug of reassurance when I'm over-stressing and just trying to generally trying to do too much. Or sending a quick message to wish me well on my exam. It's really all the smallest things that mean the most. I guess this is really saying thank you to all of you, you're more than wonderful :) I can't wait to spend more of our time together and to learn more about everyone. Also, thanks to our prof, whom I had the most wonderful reassuring talk with today.

That's all for now but rest assured there is more coming soon. I actually have another post sitting on my desk but it was written in semi-darkness last night, so I will have to decipher it and then I will post it :)

3 comments:

Kate said...

I wanted to say this before but this is a perfect place to say it. I am so proud of you and how you put our fundraiser together. Yes we all pitched in and yes we all worked together, but what I saw on Sunday really makes me believe that you took our pancake breakfast on as your baby and you rocked it! You were completely calm when we ran out of food and you never lost your cool with the overwhelming demands and pressures that people put on you trying to get it all set up in the first place. I can completely relate to the emotions you just posted because I have had the same feelings a lot and I am going to blame the crappy weather- haha

You have proven that you can lead and succeed in pulling off a great fundraiser. Well done you!!

Krista said...

Thanks Kate, your comment means the world to me. I felt like I should post this to show that my world isn`t always sunshine and rainbows, I felt like I was only putting good stuff on here.

Amy said...

Again, thanks for your honesty. March is never an easy time for students, not to mention the added stresses of Beyond Borders. You did a fabulous job with the fundraiser, and I really admire your quiet, calm and confident attitude.

Post a Comment